When it comes to infertility issues, men and women readily turn to fertility drugs and invasive procedures. However, not many of us are aware that many cases of fertility problems don’t have any explanations with them. They’re just there. For many fertility specialists, they cannot prescribe any specific form of treatment for these mysterious cases. However, they suggest natural fertility enhancers that increase the chances of getting pregnant without having to use drugs or go through surgery.
1. Exercise. One of the best natural fertility enhancers is exercise. A lot of people usually sit inside the office and live sedentary lives, which causes a lot of health problems for men and women, including fertility problems. Exercising isn’t only about slimming down and getting into great shape, it also greatly improves fertility.
Research shows that women who have a normal Body Mass Index of 20 to 25 have the most chances of conceiving, compared to women who were overweight and underweight. A combination of aerobic exercises, such as running, biking, and swimming, and strength training exercises is the best way to lose fat quickly.
2. Good Fats. There are two kinds of fats: good fats and bad fats. The bad fats are those we often see in fast food burgers, fries, packaged chips, and all sorts of processed and instant foods we like to eat for convenience. The good fats are found mostly in oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines. Good fats are natural fertility enhancers because they regulate the fluidity of cell membranes and promote proper cell functioning of both the egg cells and the sperm cells.
3. Vitamin Supplements. Admittedly, all this processing has reduced the amount of vitamins and minerals that we can get from the food we eat. To ensure that you still get the right amount of nutrients, stock up on vitamin and mineral supplements that are also natural fertility enhancers. A gram of flax seed oil a day promotes a healthy cervical fluid where the embryo can prosper. Vitamin C, zinc citrate, and amino acid chelate are also helpful in improving fertility in both men and women.
4. Vacation. Many cases of infertility are caused by disorders that are the results of extreme psychological and emotional stress. Your demanding hours at the office or your emotional disputes with your in-laws may be the reason why you can’t get pregnant. Holidays are natural fertility enhancers, plus they bring so much more reason to feel good about life. They ease off the stress of daily life and you get more time to bond with your partner as well. It’s not wonder many babies are made while their parents were on holiday.
5. Sex. Of course, the best of these natural fertility enhancers will always be better sex. This means sex that happens around the time ovulation has occurred, usually three days before and after ovulation. It also means that your partner has a healthy batch of sperm cells for fertilization. This happens if he masturbates once every two to three days to make sure supplies are fresh. Lastly, it means sex that is loving and enjoyable for a couple. There’s no faster way to ruin your chances at pregnancy than to treat sex as though it was a chore.